DUYERTE PLACES DAVAO REGION UNDER MECQ

May be an image of map, sky and text that says 'Û Ma Malaybalay S Cotabato_City Cotabat Davao Santos/City Municipality IATF RECOMMENDS DAVAO REGION UNDER MECQ JULY 1-15, 2021 f SunStar Davao sunstar.com.ph/davao'

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has recommended to President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday evening, June 28, that the entire Davao Region (Davao City, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, and Davao Occidental) will be placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) starting July 1 until July 15, 2021.

Quarantine status in July still subject to LGUs’ appeal

 June 29, 2021

MANILA – Local government units (LGUs) still have until Monday night to appeal the quarantine classifications that will be imposed within their jurisdictions beginning July, Malacañang said on Tuesday.“Ito po ay subject to appeal pa hanggang ma

DOH begins study on lifting Covid-19 restrictions

 May 28, 2021

MANILA – A Department of Health (DOH) official on Friday said the process of lifting restrictions—such as the mandatory wearing of face masks and physical distancing—is ongoing.In an online press briefing, DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire saidhealth experts, together with… Read More

NCR Plus’ quarantine status downgraded to GCQ  

 May 14, 2021

President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday night urged local government units (LGUs) to immediately roll out immunization once Covid-19 vaccines reach their respective communities to avoid wastage due to expiration or spoilage.Duterte made this statement as he assured LGU officials that… Read More

President Rodrigo Duterte has downgraded the quarantine classification in the National Capital Region Plus (NCR Plus) and other areas to a more relaxed general community quarantine (GCQ) from a more restrictive modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).Duterte decided to ease… Read More

COVID-19 INFECTIONS HIT RECORD-HIGH 7,103 CASES

While the number of COVID-19 cases in the country continues to rise, World Health Organization (WHO) Philippine Representative Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe emphasizes that the Philippines is not the only country experiencing this. Dr. Abeyasignhe also adds that even developed countries like the USA and France deal with an increase in COVID-19 cases as well.

The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday, March 19, reported Covid-19 infections at 1,103 cases even as the government started implementing stricter community quarantines in a bid to to arrest the spread of the coronavirus disease.

The record-beating figure raised the nationwide tally to 648,066 and surpassed the previous record-high single-day tally of 6,958 cases on 10 August last year.

A World Health Organization (WHO) official said the current surge of infections has been observed to be also occurring recently in other parts of the world and can be traced to “vaccine optimism” after the start of the rollout of sera.

Health officials also tallied 73,264 active cases on Friday, the highest since 29 August when 74,611 cases were reported.

The death toll also rose to 12,900 after 13 patients died from the illness.

Recoveries, meanwhile, increased to 561,902 after 390 more individuals have recuperated.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'ÛRINDE WHO ON RECENT INCREASE IN PH COVID-19 CASES W ealt Philippines want to emphasize that the not unique the fact that +io we are seeing an increase in cases. It appears to be something that has been affecting many countries across the world. It demonstrates the fact that COVID-19 still remains a new disease which we need to understand, the challenges that it poses and how we did to respond to [the pandemic] continues to evolve. DR. RABINDRA ABEYASINGHE WHO PHILIPPINES REPRESENTATIVE f OfficialDOHgov March 19, 2021 Photo credit: WHO @DOHgovph doh.gov.ph (02) 894-COVID'
While the number of COVID-19 cases in the country continues to rise, World Health Organization (WHO) Philippine Representative Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe emphasizes that the Philippines is not the only country experiencing this. Dr. Abeyasignhe also adds that even developed countries like the USA and France deal with an increase in COVID-19 cases as well.
tribune.net.ph photo

DAVAO CITY, NCR under GCQ until end February

 January 29, 2021

MANILA – Metro Manila and Davao City will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until the end of February, Malacañang announced on Friday.“President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Friday, Jan. 29, 2021, retained the general community quarantine classification of the National… Read More

PEOPLE aged 10-65 in MGCQ zones allowed to go out starting Feb. 1

People aged 10-65 in MGCQ zones allowed to go out starting Feb. 1

 January 22, 2021, 9:40 am

MANILA – People aged 10 to 65 can now go outside of their homes beginning February, so long as they are in areas placed under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ), Malacañang announced on Friday.This developed after the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging… Read More

NO TO RATTAN STICKS VS. HEALTH PROTOCOL VIOLATORS

Palace thumbs down use of ‘yantok’ by law enforcers

 December 7, 2020

Malacañang on Monday rejected the use of “yantok” or rattan sticks to harm violators of physical distancing protocols as more people are expected to flock to shopping centers during the holiday season.Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said he agreed with Foreign… Read More

Davao City, 7 other areas under GCQ until December 31

GCQ. President Rodrigo Roa Duterte talks to the people after holding a meeting with the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) core members at the Malago Clubhouse in Malacañang Park, Manila on Nov. 30, 2020. Duterte said Metro Manila, the provinces of Batangas and Lanao del Sur, and the cities of Iloilo, Tacloban, Iligan, and Davao will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) until Dec. 31. (Presidential photo by Karl Norman Alonzo)

 November 30, 2020

Davao City will be joining seven other areas under a general community quarantine (GCQ) classification until yearend, President Rodrigo Duterte said Monday night.

In a taped speech aired over PTV-4, Duterte said Metro Manila, the provinces of Batangas and Lanao del Sur, and cities… Read More

No lockdown for Davao City’s high-risk villages

High-risk areas would be placed under aggressive community testing

A top official of the Department of Health in Region 11 (DOH-11) clarified Tuesday that the identified high-risk barangays for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) would not be subjected to granular lockdown.Instead, high-risk areas would be placed under aggressive community testing,… Read More

35 DAVAO CITY VILLAGES FACING LOCKDOWNS

Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte said 35 villages in her city are facing granular lockdowns as Covid-19 cases remains high.

In her daily program on Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR) yesterday, Mayor Duterte said however that placing the villages under granular lockdowns will be decided by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Covid-19. Read More