Tag Archives: DICK GORDON

Red Cross backs DepEd as pilot F2F classes begin on Nov. 15

As the active ally of the government, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) supports the Department of Education (DepEd) in the conduct of the limited face-to-face classes in over 100 schools nationwide.

The humanitarian organization has provided guides to teach parents, guardians, and teachers on how students can stay safe as they return to schools for limited face-to-face classes beginning Nov. 15.

“As we continue to take a proactive approach in responding to Covid-19, we must keep everyone safe especially now with the opening of face-to-face classes,” PRC Chairman and CEO Senator Dick Gordon in a news release on Sunday.

“It is a must to remind everyone to keep practicing proper protocols on a daily basis to help prevent the spread of the virus. Only together we can have the power to curb the ongoing pandemic,” he added.

The PRC is currently supporting schools Ilocos Norte, Quezon, Pangasinan, Zambales, Masbate, Aklan, Antique, Sorsogon, Albay, Camarines Sur, Samar, Leyte, Cebu, Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental, Lanao del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Davao del Sur, Davao de Oro, and Surigao del Norte. (PR)

Senators ask SC to void PRRD memo barring Cabinet from hearings

Senators formally filed a petition questioning President Rodrigo Duterte’s order for executive department officers and workers to refrain from participating in legislative inquiries by the upper chamber’s Blue Ribbon Committee.In an 81-page suit dated Nov. 10, the petitioners led by… Read More

DUTERTE: Corruption not in my system

Tells Gordon, Drilon: I wouldn’t be president if I’m corrupt

MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte lashed out at two senators investigating supposed deficiencies in the government’s Covid-19 pandemic spending, stressing that he would not be elected as the country’s president if he was corrupt like them.In his prerecorded public address aired… Read More

BAN ON CABINET MEN in Senate Covid-19 fund mess hearing stays

DUTERTE: No way I’ll withdraw memo barring Cabinet

President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday night rejected calls to withdraw a memorandum barring officials and employees of the Executive Branch from attending a series of Senate Blue Ribbon Committee probes into the government’s handling of Covid-19 response fund.  

“Pinapa-withdraw nila yung order ko, yung (They want me to withdraw the order) prohibiting people from the Executive Department from testifying. There ain’t no way that I will withdraw it. You can do your worst and I will do mine,” Duterte said in a late-night public address.

He said only the Supreme Court (SC) could decide on whether the memo is “unconstitutional” as some sectors believe.

“Eventually, I think this will reach the Supreme Court. I am not saying that I am all correct. I may be wrong, but I have to protect the Executive Department from the incessant and steady dose of insults coming from the senators,” he said.

Duterte again lambasted the Senate panel for investigating the government’s purchases during the height of the pandemic last year, particularly its transactions with Pharmally Pharmaceutical Corp.

He said he wanted to go to the high court to show footage of how “badly” the lawmakers behaved during hearings.

“That’s why I want them to go to the Supreme Court. Gusto kong makita ang footage ng behavior nila (I want to show footage of their behavior)… I want it recorded in history yung pangyayari sa (what’s going on in the) Senate and how they behave badly,” he said. Read More

WITNESS IN SENATE COVID-19 FUND SCAM PROBE MISSING

MISSING WITNESS

A day after saying she was willing to work with the Senate in its investigation of the government’s COVID-19 spending, Krizle Grace Mago, an executive of Pharmally Pharmaceutical Corp., could no longer be reached.