“Hanggang hindi pa tapos ang November 15, anything can happen, possible sa lahat ng mangyayari. Hindi tayo nag-close ng door,” Senator Manny Pacquiao said in an interview on ABS-CBN News Channelsaid Friday when asked on a possible team-up with Vice President Leni Robredo.
Pacquiao and Robredo are seeking the presidency in next year’s election.
While both have filed their certificates of candidacy (COC) for president, the senator said he is still open to the possibility of teaming up with the vice president, especially as the Commission on Elections (Comelec) allows substitution of candidates until November 15.
Vice President Leni Robredo is set to announce her political plans for the 2022 elections on Thursday, October 7, at 11 am , with a day to go to the October 8 deadline for filing of Certificate of Candidacy (COC) set by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) for the 2022 May elections.
Prior to her announcement today, Robredo, chairman of the Liberal Party and acknowledged leader of the Philippine political opposition, had been meeting with other possible presidential contenders in a bid to build a coalition for a single , united front against the candidates of President Rodrigo Duterte, whose term ends in 2022.
Robredo, a potential candidate to the presidency, has led efforts to forge the unified opposition under the banner of the political coalition 1Sambayan organized by retired former Chief Justice Antonio Carpio, a vocal critic of the Duterte administration..
Robredo has failed to organize the united front with four potential opposition standard bearers already having filed their bids for the presidency: Senator Ping Lacson, Senator Manny Pacquiao, former Senator Bongbong Marcos and Manila Mayor Isko Moreno.
“While the Duterte administration continues to fulfill its duty, others are wasting precious time and resources just to discredit the country’s Covid-19 response efforts and push for their own ambitions,” Senator Bong Go dished out this verbal missile as he warned against fake news and disinformation peddled by some politicians.
Without naming names, Go said these politicians are “wishing to take advantage of our vulnerabilities and divide us just to push their twisted narratives, political agendas and vested interests.”
“The Filipino people are sick and tired of it,” Go said in his weekly column “GOing Forward,”on Sunday.
“While the Duterte administration continues to fulfill its duty, others are wasting precious time and resources just to discredit the country’s Covid-19 response efforts and push for their own ambitions,” he said.
Go vented his emotion at the unnamed politicians as the Senate investigates alleged anomalies in the government’s handling of the mutli-billion peso Covid-19 pandemic response fund.
“President Duterte and I have already said that if any allegation of corruption against us is proven, we will resign. What more do they want?” Go asked.
“I assure you that no amount of black propaganda will derail us from our mission to serve,” he stressed.
“That is why we continue to fight the good fight, anchored on the principle of our leader, President Duterte, to always prioritize the interests of those who are hopeless, helpless and in need, in order to ensure that no Filipino is left behind,” Go said.
MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has advised the public not to reelect lawmakers who are taking advantage of their position as the 2022 elections draw near.“Ang hinihingi ko sa taumbayan, ‘yung lahat na senador — ito kung pagbigyan lang ninyo ako — ‘yung lahat ng senador… Read More
President Rodrigo Duterte did not launch tirades against Manila City Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a virtual press conference on Thursday.
“Wala po akong narinig na pambabatikos laban kay Mayor Isko na nanggaling sa bibig ni Presidente (I did not hear any insult against Mayor Isko that came from the President’s mouth),” Roque said in the press conference.
Duterte on Monday, without mentioning the name of Isko, described a Metro Manila mayor as a “call boy” for having “bikini” photos.
Asked about the identity of the Metro Manila mayor called out by Duterte, Roque said: “I will leave it at what the President said. As I said, I’m only a spokesperson. I cannot rise above my source. The President is my source.
Pressed again if the President would name the controversial local official, Roque said: “That’s up to him (Duterte).”
In his pre-recorded Talk to the People, Duterte took a swipe at an unnamed “mayor” in Metro Manila for having a “disorganized mind.”
MANILA – A party-list lawmaker with ties to communist terrorist groups (CTGs) and with no known contribution to the country should feel “even a bit of shame” for criticizing Monday’s State of the Nation Address (SONA).
Bayan Muna Rep. Ferdinand Gaite should instead examine… Read More
MANILA – Many Filipinos continue to trust and express satisfaction with President Rodrigo Duterte, Malacañang said on Wednesday.In a virtual press conference, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque refuted the claim of former senator Antonio Trillanes IV that Duterte’s approval… Read More
MANILA – Department of National Defense (DND) Secretary Delfin Lorenzana gave President Rodrigo R. Duterte a rating of “90 percent” in terms of his administration’s accomplishments in preserving peace and security in the country.”As far as (the) DND is concerned, ang rating ni Presidente ay 90… Read More