SHOWDOWN 3

DUTERTE, BINAY IN SHOWDOWN OVER CORRUPTION IN CEBU PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE

davao-city-mayor-rodrigo-duterte_0

Corruption will take center stage when presidential candidates Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte and Vice President Jejomar Binay lock horns in the Pilipinas Debates 2016 in Cebu City on Sunday, March 20.

The second edition of the presidential debates organized by the Commission on election (Comelec) comes on the heels of Duterte, standard bearer of the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino/Laban (PDP/Laban), and Binay of the United Nationalist Alliance (UNA), trading accusations of corruption against each other.

Binay citing a 2014 annual Commision on Audit (COA) said the Davao City government under the leadership of Duterte misused P46 million of the Special Education Fund (SEF) in 2014.

Duterte has vowed to withdraw if COA can prove he stole or misused the funds.

He said he would bring up the issue of corruption when he faces Binay, who is facing allegations of corruption during his term as Makati City mayor, in the Cebu debate.

640_debate_2016_02_21_19_57_42

Comelec said the presidential candidates in the May election will have more time to speak on their platform in the Cebu debate. Pilipinas Debates 2016 was first held in Cagayan de Oro City last month with the candidates ruing they were not given ample time to elaborate on their programs of governance.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s