Davao City’s TopTen taxpayers paid a total of P178.5M with Aboitiz-owned power utility firm Davao Light & Power Co. leading the list.
The City Treasurer’s Office named the top taxpayers
in 2014 as:
1. Davao Light & Power Co. – P83.7M
2. SM Davao Department Store – P16.9M
3. Coca Coca Femsa Philippines, Inc. – P13.1M
4. Holcim Philippines – P12.2M
5. NCCC Supermarket of Matina – P10.3M
6. Gaisano Mall of Davao – P9.5M
7. SM Supermarket-SM Davao -8.9M
8. Mindanao Shoppers Daily Destination – P8.5M
9. Mindanao Corrugated Fibreboard – P7.5M
10. NCCC Supermarket – Magsaysay Ave. – P7.2M
The list of elite taxpayers was bared by Villa Dureza, Local Treasury Operations Officer (LTOO) in the June 11 edition of I-Speak Forum at City Hall.
Dureza expressed optimism of meeting tax collection target for 2015 of about P5.8 billion.
The CTO already collected P2.2 billion or 45 percent of its target as of April, Dureza told the forum organized by the City Hall Informations Office headed by Leo Villareal.