BY ROGER M. BALANZA
Justice Secretary Leila de Lima was not on her way to a delightful sexual orgasm when she said “malapit na, malapit na!”
The Justice Secretary said the third batch of lawmakers and others involved in kickbacks from the Priority Development Assistance (PDAF) courtesy of pork barrel scam queen Janet Lim Napoles will be filed very soon with the Office of the Ombudsman.
The public has long been waiting for De Lima to bare more names in the biggest scandal that ever hit the country.
Malapit na. Malapit na!, abs-cbnnews.com quotes De Lima in a report.
De Lima did not give names but said there will be several more lawmakers in the third batch of cases involving plunder of the congressional pork barrel.
The filing may happen early next week, maybe Monday or Tuesday, she told reporters after her confirmation as Justice Secretary.
Charges against two sets of lawmakers and others involved in the scam have already been filed by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), a line agency of the Department of Justice., with the Ombudsman.
Last week, the Ombudsman filed before the Sandiganbayan plunder and graft charges against Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Bong Revilla in connection with the scam.